Revamped; A Featured Post

Eyes Cast Downward- Memoir Excerpt

Originally hand written in July 2015 Late Spring of 2014.  Just Months before liver failure Our eyes are nearly always cast dow...

Thursday, November 24, 2016

This Dark Fall






It's over
I own it
It’s mine.
O Dark
November
Of two thousand sixteen-
A dead zone
Talk to me!
Where am I
Can't you hear Me?

Dreamt I was in hell
I can't leave it
I woke up
I’ll do anything for it
Opened eyes
Cracked mind
I am alive
No tears or saliva
Only raw
Cold blood
It’s filthy
Dry
Heart brain skin and teeth;
Far too sweet
Braced for impact
I adore it
One thundering beat
I’m staying
Shouting
Victory!

I’ll never leave
I’ve been here before
It’s inside me
Doorway's here
It’s so cruel
Closed
I open it
I have it
I see now
I love it
For the first time

This living lie
The shoe fit
I own it
It's mine.

O Dark
November
Of two thousand sixteen-
Can't you hear me?

The darling of the dead

It’s over
I own it

It’s mine!




-Mary Catherine, Cowardice Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything to say on the subject?